Engineering and Capital Goods
The Engineering & Capital Goods sector covers an extremely diverse range of product categories; it is considered a statement of technological and manufacturing prowess of a nation. Ever since the many waves of the Industrial Revolution swept across the world, industrial activity has held the key to economic growth. Western economies have moved on from their preeminent manufacturing pedestals to investing in IP, technology and design. Many emerging economies are quickly moving to fill the resultant void by creating an environment conducive for industrial activity.
Companies in developed economies are seeking newer markets as growth in their traditional markets stagnates.
Domestic players in these emerging markets are facing off with competitors sporting advanced technology, better products and global scale. They are responding by increasingly internationalising, in search of either, technology, customers or resources.
Consequently we are moving into a world filled with uncertainty and opportunity - one where a well-crafted strategy is mandatory for success
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING ABOUT US
“I want to convey my appreciation to the Avalon team, excellent work in a short span of time!”
– Chief Operating Officer, Dow Kokam
“Avalon delivered a very good, detailed and interesting study with very useful insights”
– CEO and Managing Director, Altran India
“Not only was the standard of work outstanding and well aligned with our objectives and expectations, but the reports were also delivered in a timely fashion. It was a pleasure working with such an outstanding team”
– Bunder Diamond Project Director, Rio Tinto
TYPICAL ASSIGNMENTS EXECUTED BY US
- Post-acquisition strategy for India’s leading aluminium company after its purchase of an aluminium conductor plant
- Market study, opportunity identification and entry strategy for a leading US manufacturer of industrial transmission elements
- Feasibility of entering the earthmoving equipment business in India
- Market assessment towards long range planning for a portfolio of products of a leading Swedish capital goods manufacturer
- Customer experience assessment and enhancement exercise conducted for India leading diversified engineering company
- Organisation transformation using the Balanced Scorecard approach for a metalworking company
- Channel effectiveness study done for a manufacturer of prefabricated TMT bars
- Target search and due diligence for a power equipment manufacturer looking to take a strategic stake in a design engineering firm
- Identification of acquisition prospects in India for a German steel refining technology provider
- Valuation of a transmission and distribution line firm for an energy company